Traveling with little ones this season? Worried about your good sleep routines falling apart? Don’t.
Children that have a predictable sleeping routine are often more flexible because they are not sleep deprived. Enjoy your trip.
Pick one routine (bedtime or naps) to maintain as well as possible.
If you stick to your bedtime routine, try to encourage naps on the go at your normal awake time interval.
If you choose nap routines, stretch naps when needed to adjust to a late bedtime.
AND give yourself and your little ones THREE days of strict routines (wake time, cues, awake times, and bedtime) when you get home to get back on track.
What to pack to recreate your sleep environment:
- Bring your Pack ‘n Play or rent one with a company like www.babierge.com.
- Pack your crib sheet
- Bring lovey (and backups if you have them)
- Bring a portable noise machine like the Dohm Portable found on Amazon.
- Portable blackout curtains like Gro Anywhere Blinds found on Amazon.
If sharing a room, it’s important to create a boundary between the parent bed and little one’s sleeping area. Some rooms may have a living space or furniture you could place the crib behind. For other rooms here are some options:
- Snoozeshade Breathable Canopy found on Amazon
- Create a DIY boundary by packing a dark sheet and clothes pins or command strips to hang a makeshift curtain as a boundary
And above all, have a great get away!!
One more tip for infants…because it is GENIUS!!! Pack an air pump and an inflatable pool to provide a clean confined play boundary.